Reading Glasses: Basic Maintenance
- Only use a microfiber cloth to clean your reading glasses. Using a tissue, paper towel or your shirt may scratch the lenses.
- Clean your readers regularly with warm water and just a drop of liquid soap.
- Eyeglass cleaner is recommended for anti-reflective coatings.
- Do not use window cleaner, ammonia, bleach or vinegar to clean your readers; they may remove coatings and cause minute cracks in the lenses.
- Always place your readers with their lenses facing upward.
- Put them in their case when not wearing them, never put them unprotected in your pocket or handbag.
- Try to remove your reading glasses with both hands, they will remain in alignment longer.
- Do not leave them in a hot car, the frame or lenses can warp.
Read more about caring for your reading glasses here